Monday, September 12, 2011

Preview of the 9/12 match: Sluggers vs. Sharks

After upsetting the Arizona Scorpions, the Seattle Sluggers are looking to win another match this week. Let's take a look at the Sluggers/Sharks matchup.

1. Cozianu (SEA) - Roman

Cozianu outrates Roman by roughly 200 points and furthermore, I am liking Roman's 2200 performance rating. Adding on to that, Cozianu loves the white pieces. Though I'm not going to predict an outright win for Cozianu, I'm liking Cozianu's chances on this board.

2. Rodriguez - Mikhailuk (SEA)

Both have been on All-Star teams but last season both have had relatively lackluster seasons. I don't think Rodriguez is going to keep his 2000 performance rating from last year, so the match up will be closer than one might think. Evenly matched, this board is a toss-up.

3. Rohonyan (SEA) - Hernandez

Hernandez is as yet untested under USCL team conditions and time controls. However, I don't think he'd be on the Miami Sharks for no reason. Having no knowledge of Hernandez's history and since the ratings look evenly matched, I'll just call this board a toss-up.

Oh and by the way, in his profile picture Hernandez kinda looks stoned, though I'm sure he's just being very very serious.

4. Alvarez - Kelley (SEA)

Both players have one game on their record, and thus their performance ratings are both sub-1900 (lol). But obviously, both players are obviously stronger players than simply 1900s.

Kelley had a tough first week, but I think he'll bounce back this week. And sorry to be bagging so much on profile pictures, but right now I'm kinda laughing a little because Alvarez looks like he's sleeping. Pleasant dreams, my friend.

------------------------------

Be sure to watch the match today on ICC! Later,

Alex Guo

No comments: